Monday, March 15, 2010

Dear Target...

Dear Target,

I watched a woman dismantle one of the shelves in your freezer section and deplete your entire stock of frozen peas. I have a feeling she has done this before. I didn't want peas but taking apart the shelf seemed brazen. I also noticed the freezer door fogging up. Target, you may not care about the freezer door fogging up but in my opinion, if there is fog, you've been in there too long. I had to open the door to see if there were any items I may want. Thank god I didn't want any peas--you were out.

When I got in line to check out I was behind a woman purchasing 8 boxes of maxi pads. The woman turned to me and said "This could be at least 5 minutes." I don't know why she told me that but I instantly got the feeling that something unusual was happening (aside from my belief that maxi pads are outmoded). She had these fancy manufacturer coupons for the pads; each box was free. As she left I overheard one of your associates saying it was a scam but target doesn't lose any money from it and there is nothing anybody can do. I just want to let you know that sucks.

As I left your store I set off your anti-theft alarm. I stepped back and pushed my cart through one more time to make sure I was the person setting it off. It was in fact me so I pulled my cart out of the way and patiently waited for an associate to examine my purchases. I waited....and waited....then I pushed my cart far enough through the sensors to set it off again, hoping to grab someones attention. Then I waited some more. I then began intentionally activating your alarm. I did this four or five times and nobody took action. I was beginning to think nobody cared. Eventually an associate was within earshot and I shouted for help. "Excuse me, I'm sorry but I keep setting off your alarm and I think somebody might want to check this out." Your associate laughed at me and said "Oh? Is that why you have been waiting here this whole time?....We don't really pay attention to that." I wish somebody had shared this information with the maxi pad lady. I think she has put a lot of time and effort into a complicated scam when she could have just walked right out the front door.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Nicki Andrade

No comments:

Post a Comment